Monday, September 13, 2010

Rebecca's last e-mail from the MTC

Hello Everyone:

Rebecca just sent us this e-mail today from her last p-day in the MTC; apparently, she had some computer troubles that day...



(Hey y'all! Here's my last e-mail from the MTC; sorry it didn't get sent! The computer froze up on me...bummer! But now you get double the joy this week! :) Love you!!!)

Hi Mom, Dad, and Chris!!

Sooo we got our travel plans last week!!! I fly out on Tuesday, Sept. 7. I have to be at the Travel Office here at the MTC at 5am!!! My plane leaves from Salt Lake City at 8:25am and we get to Atlanta at 2:10pm; I'll be on Delta, 2391. I'm sooooo excited!!!

There's sooo much I want to tell you guys, I don't even know where to start! The MTC is still amazing--I love it here! I'm excited to get to Atlanta, but I'm definitely going to miss the MTC. There's such a special spirit here that you can't find anywhere else, and I looove my district. We're like a family, and we're all split up between three different missions. We're already talking about a district reunion when we finish our missions! I've actually had a cold this past week; it started coming on last Tuesday night, but I'm almost completely 100% better now, yay! The food is still great, too--maybe a little too good, though...I'm noticing a bit of a pooch in my tummy, and we heard last night that the average weight gain at the MTC over three weeks is 5 lbs. Woohoo! Oh, and they had shepherd's pie one day last week for lunch!!! It made me happy! It wasn't as good as yours, Dad, but it was still pretty tasty. Oh, and guess what? I played volleyball with my district on Saturday...haha!!! I totally wish I could see y'all's faces right now! :) It was actually a lot of fun, and I only got hit in the face with the ball one time, woohoo!! :) It was fine, though, and I was laughing a ton!

Oh, and I've gotten to venture out into the real world a couple of times!!! Sister Jones had an ingrown toenail she had to have taken care of, so we got to go on a couple of field trips yesterday and Saturday. We went to the BYU health clinic and the Rite Aid on Saturday, and we went to a podiatrist yesterday. The Rite Aid was crazy!!! It was so weird seeing a ton of people without name tags and talking on cell phones and stuff, and of course they were playing music in there...so weird!!! It was also pretty funny, because I had to sit in the room with Sister Jones while the podiatrist worked on her toenail...I saw one drop of blood and that was enough for me, I stared out the window the rest of the time, haha! And I saw a Georgia license plate yesterday!!! I got sooo excited!!!

We have two new sisters in our room, Sister Anderson and Sister Bartholomew, both going to the Czech Republic. They are so fun and cute, and Sister Anderson (she's from Kaysville, UT) knows Sister Cottrell!!!

Oh my goodness, so every Tuesday night, we have a devotional. Guess who spoke last week??? Elder Holland!!!!! It was amazing!!! He talked about what a great experience the mission is, and he said it's not going to be easy, but we shouldn't expect it to be. Salvation wasn't cheap; the Savior went through so much for each of us, and as His disciples, we should be willing to go through our own personal Gethsemane. It really put things into perspective for me. And at the start of the devotional, we sang some prelude music. There were 2200 missionaries packed into the gym singing "Army of Helaman." Soooo amazing!!! I hope I never forget it! Oh, and there was a cello solo, "O Divine Redeemer." It was sooo beautiful! I don't know if it would be on YouTube, but y'all should try to look it up!

Sister Jones leaves for Colorado Springs on Monday...I'm sure going to miss her! I'll be in a tripanionship with Sister Marshall and Sister Vanderhooft for our last full day in the MTC, and then I'll be a "solo sister" until I meet my trainer in Atlanta.

Let's see, what else...oh, thank you so much for the letters! I love hearing about what y'all have been up to! Dad, I'm so glad you're feeling better!! And Mom!!! You have two callings!!! Greeter and Relief Society Committee!!! Yayyy, I'm so happy for you!!! Don't be nervous, you will do great!!! I remember I was so nervous when I was on the student council at the institute, and there were some days I felt like I couldn't do it, but...1 Nephi 3:7! Heavenly Father will provide a way! Don't get discouraged!

Please tell everyone back home that I love them and miss them, and thank you for the thoughts and prayers!!! It really means a lot! Give my love to Sweet Ponda and Lynn and Cindy Jane! I feel bad, there are so many people I want to write but I only have so much time on P-day...but I will try to send each of them a note real soon! Oh, and I've been taking pictures, too--I will start e-mailing some home when I get to Georgia!

I think that's about it for this week...I love y'all and miss you soooo much!!! I love it here at the MTC, and I'm excited to get to Georgia and apply everything that I've been learning! The gospel is true and Heavenly Father's love for us is real! Yay!

Love you!!!!!

Sister Crowe
xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Better late than never, haha! :) I'm not sure how I'd managed to miss this, it just showed up in Google Reader for me today…in any case, thank you (as always) for sharing it! :)

    ReplyDelete