Monday, October 11, 2010

I Love Being a Missionary!!!

Hey y'all!!

First, Brianna and Sarah!!! If you're reading this...Brianna, congrats congrats congrats congrats!!!!!! I am soooooo happy for you!!! Oh my goodness, you have to fill me in on the details, girlie!! And Sarah! Thank you sooo much for the note, and I am sooooo excited for you to get your mission call!!! I can't wait to hear where you'll be going! Hmm, I'm gonna guess...Georgia!!! Yeah, we could be companions!!! haha! Seriously, though, I think you'll go to Germany or...Pennsylvania. Wherever you go, you'll be awesome!! You have to write when you find out, I'll be sitting on pins and needles until then!

Mike's baptism is on Saturday!!!!! Sooo exciting!!! He's so ready! He'd made a promise with Heavenly Father that he was going to finish reading through the entire Book of Mormon before his baptism, and he finished reading it early Sunday morning--on 10/10/10! He's so amazing!!!

We're in a major finding mode right now...lots and lots of tracting. Someone in our ward said, "Everytime you knock on a door, someone's getting baptized in South America." So now I'm super excited when we knock on someone's door, even when they slam the door in our face, woohoo! haha! We did have a neat experience the other day, though. We'd gone to visit a less-active lady in our ward, but she wasn't home, so we started driving home to work on getting some of our records more organized. We were almost home, when we both felt like we needed to go back and tract on the less-active's street. We ended up tracting on that one street for two hours, and Sister Fine and I think it was to talk to one lady, who didn't even live on that street but was cleaning someone's house with her husband. She asked us a few questions about our missions (how long they are; how long we've been out; where we're from; what we do), and we told her about Mormon.org. She was really sweet and said she'd look at the website. Then, we'd crossed the street to knock on another house, and as we were walking back down to the street, we saw that the lady and her husband had left a vacuum right behind their car, and they were getting ready to back out. We were able to wave at them to stop so that they didn't lose a vacuum! I'm really grateful that Sister Fine and I were humble enough to act on those promptings we received, so we could be there for that couple!

Oh, remember Natalie?! Her parents are giving her permission to come to church!!! She stayed for all three hours yesterday, and she loved it!! We're not teaching her right now, as we don't want to push anything with her parents, but we are so excited for her!

Each week, we write a letter to President Satterfield to fill him in on how our week went and what we're doing with our investigators, less-actives, and recent converts. Here's his response from last week:

Sister Crowe,
What a great letter. I so appreciate all you had to say and loved to hear about the people you are working with. I am so grateful you joined the Church and have come on a mission here to be with us. Sister Satterfield and I love you and are excited to have you here for many months to come. You are doing a wonderful work and I see you growing and changing already.
We love you,
Pres. Satterfield

I love my mission parents!!!

Transfers are next week, on the 20th...I'm hoping and praying I get to stay in Mars Hill! I'd be super happy if I get to stay here until January...Sister Collier comes home December 27!! (Her brother, Brian, comes home next week!) But..."I'll go where You want me to go, dear Lord!" :) So we shall see what happens!

How are y'all doing?! Chris, how was England?!?!?! Ahhh, I can't wait to hear all about it! Mom, I'm so glad Sister's Collier's mom called you!!! I love their family!!! How is everyone at church? Give them my love for me!!! Dad, I heard about Grandpa's foot! I hope everything goes okay! It sounds like the kitties are doing good! Oh, I miss them so much! Emma sounds super cute! I can't wait to see Abby's new 'do! I'm sure she looks fabulous! :)

I love being a missionary!!! I think I probably say that every week, but I'm serious! This is the hardest thing I've ever done, but without missionary work, I wouldn't be who I am today. I know how precious the gospel is, and I want to share that with as many people as I can!

I love y'all sooooo much!!!!!!! I miss you a ton, and you're always in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Love y'all!!!!!

Sister Crowe
xoxoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much as always for sharing this!!! I'm so happy to hear how well she's doing and that she's getting close to seeing the first baptism of one of the investigators she's been teaching!! :)

    ReplyDelete