Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy Turkey Day!!

Hey y'all!

Turkey Day is three days away!!! Are y'all excited?! I'm super excited!!! We still have to wake up at 6:30 and do our normal routine (exercise, get ready, and studies), and then our ward is having a Turkey Bowl that morning, so we're going to head over to that. We'll be going over to the Mills' (a family in our ward) for dinner that afternoon, and then Dee Dee's invited us over for some dinner, as well, and...she's making chitlins!!! Sister Fine and I are really hoping we get to try some...we both just want to be able to say that we've had it, and then I'll always be able to remember my first Thanksgiving in Georgia, haha! I also found out that we'll get to take a nap, yayyy!!! Is it sad how excited I am for that?! haha! Oh, thank you so much for the Thanksgiving card!!! It made my day!

Sister Fine and I had a really good week! We were busy!! I know it's not about the numbers, but I'm so excited, I have to tell y'all...we taught 10 lessons last week!!! That's not including less-actives! I haven't taught that much since...ever, haha! We're tearing it up here in the Hills of Mars, haha! Of course, we couldn't do it without Heavenly Father!

One investigator we're both excited about is Dave. I can't remember if I've told y'all about him yet or not, but Sister Fine has been teaching him since before I came out here, and even since I've been here, I can see a difference in him when we teach him. Before, he didn't seem to take what we were teaching seriously, but now, we think he's starting to understand the importance of the Book of Mormon and how he really has to do his part if he wants to know if it's true. He's a really great guy, and we're hoping he keeps progressing!

Natalie has been coming to church pretty much every Sunday since General Conference! We've worked it out to where we can teach her right after church each Sunday for about half an hour; yesterday, we taught her the Plan of Salvation. She has such a sweet spirit, I love her!!

We also got to go to Zone Conference in Dallas! We got to hear from President Satterfield, one of the senior couples, the assistants to the president, and the zone leaders. It was a really great day, and I learned a ton! I also got to see Sister Barton again! She's doing great in Douglasville! We also got new phones! They're so fancy!! I think it's the LG Remarq? But I'm not positive...it has so many ringtones, though, haha! I love our new alarm...I wish I could sing it over the computer for y'all, it's way peppy, haha! Anywho, we also heard that they'll be making some changes in the missions around April or May. We don't know what kind of changes they'll be yet, but I guess we'll find out soon!

We had dinner with the Collier's on Saturday night! I love that family to pieces!! Brother Collier is the most humble person I know! Can you believe Sister Collier comes home next month?! I'm really hoping and praying I get to stay here for at least one more transfer...transfers are on December 1, and we find out on Saturday if we need to get a ride, so we'll see what happens! I'll go wherever the Lord needs me, though!

How are y'all doing?! Thanks so much for the letter! And Adam's getting married!!!!! Yayayay, I'm so excited for him and Danae!!! Yayyy!!! I'm glad you're getting to see Sheila and Joss, you'll have to give them both a hug for me!! Give everyone my love when you see them on Thursday!!! Hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving!!! I'll be thinking of y'all all day, but I know this is where I'm supposed to be right now! And just think, a month from Thursday, I'll be talking to y'all on the phone!!!!! Yay!!!

I sure love and miss y'all tons!!! We truly have so much to be thankful for, and I'm so blessed to have you all as my family!!!

Love y'all!!!

Sister Crowe
xoxoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this!! :) Hope y'all have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete